I’m planning on doing this walk before linux.conf.au 2017. I’m interested in a couple of experienced hikers to join me. It starts at Melaleuca and finishes at Cockle creek.
This is a reasonably serious hike, you need to have plenty of multi day hike experience to join me.
- Estimated dates: 8th Jan to 15th Jan 2017
- Eighty five kilometre hike done over seven days.
- Tides and wet weather may add a day or three.
- Fly in to the starting point (yeah, it’s remote)
- Carrying own food and sterilize own water.
- Everything you take in, you take out.
- Taking care of your own poop along the way (think shovel).
- Camping overnight, no cabins
- Bus back to Hobart (three hours)
- Organise Park pass.
- Organise flights and fuel.
- Organise bus.
- Try not to scare everyone from joining me.
- Order guide book. (done)
- Beg/borrow/steal/hire epirb (sourced, need to ship)